pesos per diem

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

No time to spare

While I'm waiting for my sites to get indexed I decided to take a closer look at RSSG. At first glance it seemed a little confusing as my PHP skills have been learned from develping an osCommerce site but a little playing around made it clear it is quite a nice little tool.

Unlike many directory generators this one's page are generated on the fly through a single template file making it very easy to update all your pages without having to "regenerate" the whole site. This also makes for great page updates as the RSS feeds are re-generated after the cache has expired - leaving your site with new content for the search engines to gobble up.

If I have the time I would like to make it a little more user friendly, maybe making the config/generation process a series of forms. I'm going to watch and see if the current maintainer releases any new vesions as hopefully there will be some motivation as he should be making some $$ off of templates and custom installs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home