pesos per diem

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Back after vacation

I just got back from a nice sunny (and warm) vacation in Florida. I had very limited internet access down there so I was not able to do much in the way of AIS, other than think about my next one while on the beach.

Although I haven't made much (maybe $10-$15 total), it's getting more clearer now that I've had a couple of sites running for about a month or two on how to best do an AIS site (or at least the benefits and downsides to each of the methods are clearer).

While having the right tools is important (ie Niche Creator or RSSGM), it seems the more important thing is finding the right niche and/or keywords. For the sites that I have setup so far, the most popular ones are geared towards a specific aspect of a certain product or specific information about a topic. The sites that cover a broad range of stuff, while still getting traffic, get nowhere near the amount of clicks that the really specific sites do.

This is probably obvious for most of the AIS'ers out there and I had assumed as much when I originally started out, but sometimes trial and error is the best way to find out what works for you.

With this in mind I believe I have my next AIS idea. Hopefully between my day job, my freelance work, and my friends/girlfriend I'll find some time to set it up by the end of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home